March 13, 2020 - COVID-19 Update
Further to yesterday’s email, if you have traveled outside of NS and arrived home after 12am, March 13, 2020 and until further notice - you are required to self-quarantine for 14 calendar days.
Please apply the below as per your situation:
- If the nature of your job allows you to work from home (WFH), and you have no symptoms, you are expected to notify your supervisor and work from home, and you will be paid REG time.
- If the nature of your job allows you to work from home but you are feeling sick, you will notify your supervisor you can’t work because you are sick. You will be paid through Sick Leave (SL), where available, until you are well enough to return to work.
- If your job does not allow you to WFH, you still must self -quarantine for 14 days, you will be paid for your regular hours during that 14-calendar day period. You will be paid using Other leave with pay (OLWP).
- The OLWP will be administered for up to 14 calendar days only. Once 14 days are up, and provided you are well, you are expected to report to work.
- If, during or after the 14 days, you become sick, please contact your supervisor and you will be paid using Sick Leave (SL) where available.
- If you have no sick leave benefits and are in self-quarantine, you can apply for EI sick benefits with no waiting period, as per the adjustment made to address COVID-19 (released in yesterday’s news https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/how-ei-benefits-for-covid-19-quarantines-will-work).(External link)
I trust this clarifies the matter and please direct any questions or concerns you may have to your supervisor.
Kind regards, amitiés, wela’lioq,