February 25, 2021 - COVID-19 Update
As we approach the one-year mark since the start of the pandemic, I wanted to provide another update regarding our return to work efforts at the municipality.
Although we are fortunate that the COVID-19 numbers in our region remain low, the situations in our neighbouring provinces, and across the country, have given us reason to pause on making further changes. Your safety, and that of our residents, remains our top priority.
With that, we will continue with our current scheduled, reduced capacity return-to-work model until at least September 2021, unless otherwise directed by public health.
The roll out of vaccines has been slower than hoped, and the introduction of variant COVID-19 strains reminds us that we must remain diligent. Regardless of your work location (onsite, at home, or hybrid) – it’s critical that we work together to follow the health and safety measures in place to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Some important reminders:
- Virtual meetings must continue to be utilized whenever possible and non-essential in-person training will continue to occur online for the time being.
- Masks must be worn in meetings of more than 10 people while still maintaining physical distancing.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) must be adhered to.
- Meetings/training can be held, if necessary, in rooms with up to 50 per cent capacity to a maximum of 100 people.
- Masks are mandatory in public spaces or communal spaces.
- Exemptions still exist for many municipal services including Police, Fire and Transit as outlined in the provincial order.
I know that the pandemic continues to wear on us all. If you have any questions about this update, please reach out to your manager/supervisor to discuss.
Thank you for your commitment to the safe delivery of municipal services.
Kind regards, amitiés, wela’lioq,
Employee updates: hrmmatters.ca/coronavirus
Municipal service adjustments: halifax.ca/coronavirus
hfxALERT, the municipality’s mass notification system: halifax.ca/hfxalert
Human Resources: MyHR@halifax.ca or 902.490.6145
Homewood Health’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP): 902.466.3327 or 1.800.663.1142
Halifax Regional Police Association EFAP: 902.430.8295 or 902.430.8296
International Association of Fire Fighters FFAP: 902.483.6068